Help for VOL-SECTOR-STUDIES-NETWORK Archives

VOL-SECTOR-STUDIES-NETWORK Archives

VOL-SECTOR-STUDIES-NETWORK Archives

VOL-SECTOR-STUDIES-NETWORK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

VOL-SECTOR-STUDIES-NETWORK Home

VOL-SECTOR-STUDIES-NETWORK Home

VOL-SECTOR-STUDIES-NETWORK  2002

VOL-SECTOR-STUDIES-NETWORK 2002

Re: FW: Is there a typology of voluntary organisations?

"Kendall,J" <[log in to unmask]>

VSSN <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:45:25 -0000

at risk of banging own drum, Martin Knapp and I first (funded by CAF and Rowntree, Home Office too) applied ICNPO to UK back in 1996 in the context of Hopkins ('The Voluntary Sector in the UK', MUP, see appendix of that book for details); and with Steve Almond (and financial support and advice from NCVO), we did quite alot of analysis of the sector in comparative perspective a couple of years ago, pushing it as far as it could really go despite limitations (some stuff on CCS website, let me know if you want academic refs). Our chapter in 1995 in 'Introduction to the vol sector' eds Justin Davis Smith et al students also sometimes seem to find useful.

Best wishes

Jeremy Kendall
PSSRU and CCS
LSE