POETRYETC@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

POETRYETC Home

POETRYETC  2002

POETRYETC 2002

Re: Advance Australia - where?

Chris Jones <[log in to unmask]>

Poetryetc provides a venue for a dialogue relating to poetry and poetics <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 21 Apr 2002 18:49:33 +1000

Josephine, good on ya for speaking up!

It is well beyond time that the lie that Australia is a freedom loving
democratic country be shown for what it truly is. What then is Australia? In
terms of international political analysis, this country called Australia, one
of the fifteen most wealthy countries in the world, is the country most
likely to experience a fascist government.

I trained in communication in Australia's most elite degree in this field and
went on to do a graduate honours year with first class honours.  I was taught
that public relations was the art of propaganda. The art of telling lies. We
studied the Nazi Nuremberg rally for clues on how to do it! I was going to
major in advertising and I have worked in advertising. Advertising
multi-million dollar Sydney Harbour waterfront mansions to be precise. I
would rather be a traitor to my degree, my class and my nation then engage in
the sort of propaganda I was taught as an undergrad. The idea that Australia
is a freedom loving democratic country is the sort of public relations
propaganda bullshit I was taught to do complete with international
advertising campaigns. A PR and advertising campaign that has
cost mega bucks on mega bucks.

Don't be fooled by the bullshit that comes out of PR and advertising
companies about Australia. It is all bullshit! I could give you some of my
experiences which result from my refusing to tow the line, refusing to tell
lies for Australia, but right now I am too fucking angry! If you have
problems with that, Australia, go fuck yourself!  I am going to be a traitor
to my nation.

best wishes

Chris Jones.