Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Amos Oz

Patrick Herron <[log in to unmask]>

Poetryetc provides a venue for a dialogue relating to poetry and poetics <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 20 Apr 2002 01:14:36 -0400

text/plain

"Z" not "C."  Another error.

Oh and to confuse things further, I found this:

'Correction:

..regarding the 1982 piece by Amos Oz conjecturing on what an interview with
the real Ariel Sharon would reveal. Quotes and article were published last
week in the Minneapolis Star Tribune and other newspapers, and other
sources, attributing the quote/s directly to General Sharon.. Let the record
show that: The Interview by Amos Oz was published in Dec of 1982 in the
popular Israeli newspaper, Davar. And The Interview was at least in part
created by Amos Oz from his knowledge and of what was said and believed by
Sharon and cohorts and attributed at the time to "Officer Z" who was then
said by many to be Sharon himself. It was not however an actual interview
with Sharon and in fact may have been with another Israeli officer, or a
composite of some kind. All this was quickly brought to our attention so we
are quickly bringing it all to your attention.'

From:
http://www.flashpoints.net/

Not an actual interview, hmm?  Very Ossianic/Macphersonian of Oz.
Fascinating.

What gets even more complicated is that the above quote is also on
http://www.middleeast.org/ verbatim, and neither site credits the other.
The above clarification has its own issues of authenticity....

Patrick