Re: Introductions

Frances Hendrix <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 5 Feb 2002 16:38:19 -0000

Hello everyone!

This is really getting to be a most diverse and interesting list.

So what about me.

My career has been in the library sector predominantly, having worked in FE,
HE, Public Library commercial and private sector libraries. Until last year
I was Director of Laser, a London based Regional Library Service, a Company
with Charitable status, and limited by guarantee. This company was
transferred to a grant making Trust, the Laser Foundation, as of 1/10/01,
and I am Company Secretary. Laser provided a whole range of services ,
around resource sharing, to libraries in London and the Southeast, and
across the UK and the world! We also had a high profile R and D  profile,
and specialized also in Ethnic language materials, and numerous other
activities, but with a high ICT focus.

I have a long time interest in learning, both as a learner with first hand
experience in part time, distant, and, to an extent e-learning. I have
taught part time and as a 'guest' lecturer in FE and HE.

My main interest in this group is in my role as a board member of
Ufi/LearnDirect, which as you will know is at the forefront of e-learning. I
hope therefore to learn from you all, and to bring some experience to the
group.
-
I have a number of other commitments, being a JP, being on the UKOLN
Managment Board, and the FDIG (Full Disclosure Implementation Group), as
well as a number of other activities.

I think the cross domain/cultural aspects and wide diversity of knowledge of
this group will be useful and stimulating in this growing and vital area.
Frances Hendix