JiscMail Logo

Help for COMPLEXITY-PRIMARY-CARE Archives

COMPLEXITY-PRIMARY-CARE Archives

COMPLEXITY-PRIMARY-CARE Archives

COMPLEXITY-PRIMARY-CARE@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

COMPLEXITY-PRIMARY-CARE Home

COMPLEXITY-PRIMARY-CARE Home

COMPLEXITY-PRIMARY-CARE  2002

COMPLEXITY-PRIMARY-CARE 2002

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password

Re: co-operative inquiry- talking money

Complexity and chaos theories applied to primary medical and social care <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 26 May 2002 16:17:10 +0100

text/plain

Lindblom, L. (1959)
The science of muddling through, Public Administration Review, Vol. 19,
Pp 79-88

Somewhere I have the paper....

Simon, H(1960) The new science of management of decisions New York, Harpers.

I like Mr Simon's idea of  'bounded rationality' very much.
He is still a rationalist but acknowledges its limitations

He argues that managers could only be rational within boundaries imposed by
resource availability, experience and knowledge of the range of options
available for action. He was on the slippery slope to abandoning  positivist
thinking in management but didn't quite get there :-)

Alasdair