January's Terms

Lorna M Campbell <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 9 Jan 2002 13:03:33 +0000

Dear All,

Happy New Year! Hope you all had a good break over Christmas.

At the last SIG meeting the group suggested that it would be useful for
me to suggest regular terms from our Terms and Definitions document for
discussion by the group. So here are some suggested terms for January.
Feel free to chip in with more if you like:

interoperable / interoperability

educational content

content package

pedagogy

reusable learning object

accessible / accessibility

and of course that old favourite: learning object

All definitions will be welcome! Feel free to make up your own
definitions or to contribute definitions from web sites, papers, specs,
dictionaries, etc. If you do copy definitions though, please remember
to include a reference. Send your definitions on the back of an e-mail
either directly to me or to the EC-SIG mailing list for wider
discussion. A prize of a content package for the best definition of the
month! ;-)

On the subject of terms and definitions, I have contacted Scot Wilson
the CETIS programmer and he has agreed to do some more work on the
prototype CETIS encyclopedia in order to incorporate the additional
features requested by the EC and Metadata SIGs. I'll let you know once
Scot has completed this work so you can start adding terms and
definitions directly to the encyclopedia.

All the best
Lorna

--
Lorna M. Campbell