SIDNEY-SPENSER@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

SIDNEY-SPENSER Home

SIDNEY-SPENSER  December 2001

SIDNEY-SPENSER December 2001

Forwarded mail....

Anne Prescott <[log in to unmask]>

Sidney-Spenser Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:26:52 -0500

TEXT/PLAIN

Paula Loscocco and I are arranging a one-day conference at Barnard (our
every-other-year Barnard Med-Ren conference) on David--anything to do with
David so long as it's Medieval or Renaissance. Here is our call for
papers. I send it to this list because I know Spenser praised David
(noting his effect on King Saul, something that any poet might envy) and
because I think I remember being told that various Sidneys had something
to do with the psalms. Maybe that's why Margaret Hannay has agreed to do a
paper for us. Any topic, any methodology--Paula and I are eclectic. By the
way, some on the list might be entertained by the caption that was on last
night's Discovery Channel's show on "Walking with Prehistoric Beasts." The
announcer referred to a "Brontotherium" ("Thunder Beast") and the
flummoxed caption-writer typed this as "Bronto Theory." OK, Paula and I
will consider Brontotheories, too, as well as small furry mammal
topics. Anne Prescott.