New Working Time rules

Rhian Williams <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:53:11 -0000

Has anyone tried to start interpreting the changes to the Working Time rules
which came into operation on 25th October with especial reference to
relief/casual staff? Our Personnel Dept is seeking further clarification
having read LGHR and ERU guidance but our two main questions are:
* do relief staff accrue leave from the first moment they work from now on
and for all the time they work, regardless of not having worked part of
every week during a 13 week period as before?
* if they do, does anyone have a simple, non-timeconsuming system of
monitoring and managing which would work in a situation where reliefs can
and do work in any library within the authority (and therefore for different
managers) or a fair and affordable way of calculating holiday pay into their
hourly rate?

Our previous system for monitoring 13 week entitlements has been far from
satisfactory and we would be glad to share with anyone our experience in
order to improve.

Rhian Williams
Prif Lyfrgellydd / Principal Librarian
Gwasanaeth Llyfrgell Gwybodaeth ac Archifau / Library, Information and
Archives Service
Cyngor Bwrdeisdref Sirol CONWY County Borough Council
E-Bost / E-Mail : [log in to unmask]
Gw / Web : www.conwy.gov.uk

'Mae'r wybodaeth yn y neges hon yn gyfrinachol a dichon mai ychydig iawn o bobl sydd hawl iddi. Bwriedir hi ar gyfer neb ond y sawl y cyfeirir hi ato/ati. Os nad chi yw'r derbynnydd bwriedig, gofynnir ichi beidio 'i darllen na'i phrintio na'i hail-anfon, na'i storio na gweithredu yn ei chylch neu ynghylch unrhyw atodiadau iddi. Yn hytrach, hysbyswch yr anfonydd os gwelwch yn dda, gan ddileu'r neges o'ch system yn syth. Dalier sylw nad yw Cyngor Bwrdeistref Sirol Conwy na'r anfonydd yn derbyn unrhyw gyfrifoldeb am feirws, a'ch cyfrifoldeb chi yw sganio'r atodiadau (os oes rhai). Information in this message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient please do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it or any attachments. Instead, please notify the sender and delete the message from your system immediately. Please note that neither Conwy County Borough Council nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any).'