OZ-2000@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

OZ-2000 Home

OZ-2000  September 2001

OZ-2000 September 2001

Re: travels together

Cathie Birkett <[log in to unmask]>

Mailing list for narrative therapists who met in Adelaide this year and are <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 11 Sep 2001 17:52:14 +0200

Dear all
In haste and without time to respond to all the lovely messages except to
say thanks for taking me all those places and I'm glad you're all back and
chatting.

I am off to Zimbabwe tomorrow and will be away for ten days. My nephew is
getting married and I have jumped at the opportunity of having some time
with my Mum....all thanks to some lovely Voyager miles (those free airmiles
that you can build up on some airlines). Better and better is that my sister
is stopping over in Harare on her way back to Oz from a conference in
Berlin. ( A bit of a triangular trip but yipee anyway). The situation in Zim
is very tense. The rains have come and commercial (mostly white) farmers
need to plant now but are being prevented by squatters on the lands. My
brother has managed to put in his market garden crops but there is no
security and a huge famine looming. It is still home to me and I am longing
to smell the frangipanis and and climb the kopjies on the farm again. You
can come too if you want. Kopjies are small hills with big outcrops of warm
granite stones. When you get to the top you look over a valley of msasa
trees which are all shades of russet and green in spring. There are no
mushrooms Kate....but your boys could look for duiker, bush buck, monkeys,
baboons and snakes (yeetch!)

Love to all
Cathie