Help for ACCESS-VBA-DISCUSS Archives

ACCESS-VBA-DISCUSS Archives

ACCESS-VBA-DISCUSS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ACCESS-VBA-DISCUSS Home

ACCESS-VBA-DISCUSS  May 2001

ACCESS-VBA-DISCUSS May 2001

Access 2000 error message - Situation Solved!

Merle Schwickerath <[log in to unmask]>

A list to stimulate discussion and questions about the technical aspects of Access 97 and <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 21 May 2001 10:29:35 -0500

The latest & greatest(?) version of Access will only read text files
with certain extensions.  Of course my file's extension is not on that
list.
Thanks to every one with their suggestions.
Merle

IT group upgraded my PC to Access 2000 vr 9.0.4402 SR-1 from Access 2000

vr 9.0.2720.  I have a macro that reads a text file from the network,
parses the data & places it into a table.  Since the upgrade I have been

unable to use the macro.  When Access goes to import the file, I get the

message, "Database or Object is Read-Only".

Now, I tried to import the file when it's on the network, my C drive and

my A drive.  Same error message each time.  I've tried the process thru
the menu <File> <Get External Data><Import>.  Same error message.

Here is the interesting twist.  My laptop is also connected to the
network & I have Access vr 9.0.2720 on it.  Co-workers also on the
network are using that version of Access too.  On either of these
machines (using vr 9.0.2720) everything works fine.

I can't seem to find any documentation on the internet that there is a
patch needed for the newer version.  Any thoughts.

Thanks

Merle

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com