Dear Sir, Madam,
We are pleased to send you the updated program of the 13th Discussion
Forum on Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) next 25th April. Please note the
interesting inputs from Academia and Industry proposed by this one-day
meeting, where Life cycle strategies, methods and the key environmental
issues of these rapid growing technologies are presented and discussed
You can find the detailed program and the registration form at the
following web page: http://www.uns.umnw.ethz.ch/events/df_lca/
M.Margni and Prof. O.Jolliet.
Speakers and presentation titles of
13th Discussion LCA Forum on Environmental Impact of Telecommunication
System and Services
1st Plenary session. Four platform presentations by:
- Dipl. Biol. I. Reichart , EMPA SG
"Comparison of the environmental impact of electronic and print media:
case study television, internet and newspaper"
- M. Spielmann, UNS ETH Zürich and K. Schischke, TU Berlin / Fraunhofer
"Environmental Assessment in Production of Electronic Components -
Possibilities and Obstacles of LCA Methodology"
- Prof. T. Ebrahimi, EPFL- Signal processing laboratory
"Future Vision of Telecommunications"
1st Short presentation session and discussion
- Dr. Fabio Musmeci, Antonio Federico, Daniela Proietti Mancini, ENEA
"Material Input per Unit Service (MIPS) of the Italian Mobile Telephone
- Gabor Doka, Zürich
"Yield losses in electronics production are significant to LCA"
- Dipl.-Ing. Martin Schäfer, Siemens AG, Dr. Robert Arenz, T-Systems,
debis Systemhaus, Competence Center EDM
"Life Cycle Inventory Results for the Cordless Phone Gigaset 2010"
2nd Plenary session. Two presentations by:
- Jens Malmodin, Ericsson
" LCA of telecom products & systems within Ericsson and use of LCA in
the annual environmental report"
- Filippo della Croce and Prof. Greg Norris, EPFL and Harvard University
"Comparison of Process LCA and Input/Output Analysis: Case studies on
Internet and the Role of Retail and Wholesale Trade in the Life Cycle"
2nd Short presentation session and discussion (part 1)
- Gerald RebitzerDavid Hunkeler
"E-commerce - an opportunity or a threat for LCA and sustainable
- Dr. Lorenz M. Hilty , EMPA SG
"Sustainability in the information society"
- M. Spielmann ETH- UNS, Fraunhofer IZM, Berlin
"Potentials of LCA for Environmental Management Systems in the
- Dr. Pierre Rossel, EPFL, Projet ESST
"LCA of complex systems: examples from the domain of telematics and
- Prof. O.Jolliet, EPFL- GECOS
"Environmental impacts of the EPFL internet network"
- Mireille Faist, Prof. Susanne Kytzia Regionalen Stoffhaushalt, ETH
"Importance of system borders and scenario assumptions in the evaluation
of new media technologies"
Life Cycle Group for Sustainable Development
Laboratory of Ecosystem Management (GECOS)
Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
CH-1015 Lausanne EPFL
Tel: +41.21.6933729 Fax: +41.21.6935760
Email: [log in to unmask] http://dgrwww.epfl.ch/GECOS/DD