Help for EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS Archives

EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS Archives

EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS Home

EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS  March 2001

EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS March 2001

Re: Email through XL failing - A RESOLUTION (of sorts)

A list to stimulate discussion about the technical aspects of the developme <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 14 Mar 2001 14:06:51 -0000

Firstly thanks to everyone (Kuljeet, Jon, Ken, Brendon, Neil, and anyone
else I've omitted) for their efforts.

The GOOD news is that the cause of the problem has been found.

The BAD news is that it was the result of a security patch that IT have
placed on Outlook, blocking access to the object. They will not remove it so
there is no solution to the problem.
IT have a plan to use a web page fired from Excel to send the email.

I'll end this thread here.

'Til next time.
Regards
--