EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS Home

EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS  March 2001

EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS March 2001

Re: Pasting data from hidden worksheet

John Putman <[log in to unmask]>

A list to stimulate discussion about the technical aspects of the developme <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 19 Mar 2001 13:26:51 -0700

I apoligize for having not read the entire thread, but I did notice that you
were inquiring how to create another instance of Excel, and I can answer
that quick....

Sub test()
Dim xlApp As Excel.Application
Dim xlBook As Excel.Workbook

    'Minimize this instance of Excel
    Application.WindowState = xlMinimized

    'Create new instance
    Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

    'Make it visible
    xlApp.Visible = True

    'Add a new workbook
    Set xlBook = xlApp.Workbooks.Add

End Sub

Hope that helps... I'll try to read the rest of your original post and get
back to you when I get a moment...

-putman