Help for AFLS-NEWS Archives

AFLS-NEWS Archives

AFLS-NEWS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

AFLS-NEWS Home

AFLS-NEWS  2001

AFLS-NEWS 2001

Workshop on French Discourse Analysis <fwd>

Aidan Coveney <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 22 Oct 2001 15:13:37 +0100

TEXT/PLAIN

I am forwarding the message below on behalf of Penny Sewell.
Aidan Coveney
Exeter

Dear Colleagues,

With the support of the AFLS and Birkbeck, I [ie Penny
Sewell!] am organising a one-day
workshop on FRENCH DISCOURSE ANALYSIS, on Saturday 1st December, 10.30am
to 3.30pm, in the Birkbeck building, 7-15 Gresse Street, just off
Tottenham Court Road, and not far from TCR tube station.

The event is aimed at teachers of French language at an advanced level,
and at researchers.  It will be based on the book FRENCH DISCOURSE
ANALYSIS by Monique L'Huillier, Bronwen Martin and Raynalle Udris.  It
is they who will run the workshop.

The fee is 18 pounds, which will include a sandwich lunch and drinks,
and all supplementary documentation.

Copies of the book can be obtained via the following address:  Philomel
Productions Ltd., 1 Queen's Gate Place Mews, London SW7 5BG.  Tel. 020
7581 2303, e-mail:  [log in to unmask]  Copies will also be
available at a slight discount on the day.  The book is extremely well
thought-out, especially for teaching purposes, beautifully presented and
not too expensive.

I do hope you will be able to come to the workshop.  If so, please send
your cheque for 18 pounds, made out to BIRKBECK, to me at the following
address:  French Department, SLLC, Birkbeck, 43 Gordon Square, London
WC1H 0PD.  Please enclose a slip of paper with your name, your
institution, the level you are interested in (e.g. sixth form, Ist, 2nd
or final year university), and a contact telephone number.  This
information is extremely important.

I look forward to seeing you at the workshop if you can make it.

With best wishes,

Penny Sewell
--- End Forwarded Message ---

Aidan Coveney