Help for SIMSOC Archives

SIMSOC Archives

SIMSOC@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

SIMSOC Home

SIMSOC  2001

SIMSOC 2001

Re: Algorithms for Simulated Populations with Biographies

Alan Penn <[log in to unmask]>

Alan Penn <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 3 May 2001 14:13:31 +0100

Edmund,

would I be right that this sort of simulation would then pass on the class
of the child to that of its children (according to some probability
function) and so on ad infinitum? If so then is this not a Markov chain and
you would expect it to converge to a stable distibution regardless of the
initial distribution? If so what you need is some way of measuring the
convergence. But first you need to decide that it is Markov and has no
meaningful feedback....

Alan