LIS-E-RESOURCES@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-E-RESOURCES Home

LIS-E-RESOURCES  2001

LIS-E-RESOURCES 2001

e-access to cancelled journals

"Evans,Andrew" <[log in to unmask]>

An informal open list, set up under the auspices of the United Kingdom Seri" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 2 Jan 2001 09:34:39 -0500

Sandra

You are correct that the OCLC FirstSearch Electronic Collections Online
(ECO) service
allows libraries ongoing access to electronic journals even if a print
subscription is cancelled.
In its contractual agreements with publishers, OCLC retains the rights to
mount all content at OCLC and create a permanent electronic archive. This
includes the right to store in perpetuity all the journal content delivered
to OCLC during the period of the contract and to provide ongoing access to
libraries that have subscribed to this content, even if the publisher
terminates its agreement with OCLC.
More information on the OCLC ECO archiving solution can be found at
http://www.oclc.org/oclc/eco/archive.htm
In a commercial world of mergers and acquisitions,  OCLC Online Computer
Library Center as a nonprofit, membership, computer library service and
research organization is dedicated to the public purposes of furthering
access to the world's information and reducing information costs.
Regards
Andrew
Andrew Evans
Library Services Consultant
OCLC Europe, The Middle East and Africa
7th Floor, Tricorn House
51-53 Hagley Road
Edgbaston
Birmingham
B16 8TP
Tel: 0121 456 4656
Fax: 0121 456 4680
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Web-site: http://www.oclc.org/europe

Does anyone know what the policies are for continued e-access to journals