This is to announce that Kingston University is offering the
possibility of a few additional PhD studentships this year. The
School of Earth Sciences and Geography would like to hear urgently
from possible candidates who have good BSc Honours degrees (upper
second or first division) or the equivalents, and who may be
interested in hard-rock petrology (metamorphism, orogenic processes,
magmas, fluids, ores). Points to note are:
1. These studentships were advertised last week (11 June) in the
Guardian and THES.
2. They are for three year's full-time study only, not for part-time study.
3. The studentships pay UK/EU tuition fees plus the maintenance
allowance. Non-EU students would still be liable to pay tuition fees
of about 5300 pounds each year (the difference between home/EU and
4. The deadline for applications is the June 29
5. For informal contact please e-mail me ([log in to unmask])
and I will put you in touch with prospective supervisors.
6. To obtain an official application form and further particulars
please contact Student Enquiry and Applicant Services, Kingston
University, Cooper House, 40-46 Surbiton Road, Kingston upon Thames,
Surrey KT1 2HX, UK
Tel. 020 8547 7053 Fax: 020 8547 7080
If you are interested you must act very quickly.