Help for ENGINEERING Archives

ENGINEERING Archives

ENGINEERING@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ENGINEERING Home

ENGINEERING  2001

ENGINEERING 2001

[LTSNENG] LTSN Engineering's Regional Events

Tania Moore <[log in to unmask]>

Tania Moore <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 14 Nov 2001 11:20:37 +0000

Invitation: Please see below for details of LTSN Engineering Regional
Events for November and December. Everyone is welcome - We hope to see you
soon!

**********************************
Promoting a Deep Learning Approach
**********************************

LTSN Engineering warmly invites you and your colleagues to our second
Regional Event of the academic year:

Promoting a Deep Learning Approach
Friday 7 December,  10:30 - 15:30
The University of Durham

The aim of our Regional Events this year is to highlight specific areas of
activity or expertise in an institution.

This event will provide the opportunity to find out more about how students
learn and discover some of the methods being used by institutions in the
Northeast to encourage deeper student learning.  Plenty of time will be
available for questions and discussion.

Everyone is welcome to come along to this event, although priority will be
given to those from institutions in the Northeast.  If the event becomes
oversubscribed we will run it again.

Further details of the event can be found on our website:
http://www.ltsneng.ac.uk/nef/events/durham.asp

There is no charge for this event, however it is necessary to register in
advance using the online booking form by Wednesday 28 November if you wish
to attend.

We look forward to seeing you in Durham!

**********************
Running Group Projects
**********************
A reminder about our first Regional Event of the academic year, for which
there are still a few places left:

Running Group Projects
Wednesday 21 November,  12:30 - 16:15
The University of Nottingham

This event, facilitated by the PBLE (Project Based Learning in Engineering)
Project, will provide the opportunity to discover and discuss some of the
issues in running group projects.  Delegates will be provided with a
"manual" on establishing and running group projects.

Everyone is welcome to come along to this event, although priority will be
given to those from institutions in the Midlands.  If the event becomes
oversubscribed we will run it again.

Further details of the event can be found on our website:
http://www.ltsneng.ac.uk/nef/events/nottingham.asp

There is no charge for this event, however it is necessary to register in
advance using the online booking form if you wish to attend.

Tania Moore
Information Administrator
LTSN Engineering
Loughborough University