CHILDREN-MEDIA-UK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

CHILDREN-MEDIA-UK Home

CHILDREN-MEDIA-UK  2001

CHILDREN-MEDIA-UK 2001

ICT in education

David Goldstein <[log in to unmask]>

Children-Media-UK aims to provide a space in which academics, regulators an" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 2 Oct 2001 14:13:05 +0100

Dear All

I have just commenced working for Becta, the British Educational
Communications Technology agency, researching new information and
communication technologies (ICT) for the education (schools) sector. While
this is not exactly what this list is about, I am sure there are subscribers
to the 'children-media-uk' list who have an interest in these issues. What I
am particularly interested in are researchers and academics in the UK who
are working in this area and who may have completed or be doing research or
be associated with projects that would be related. Also of interest would be
schools who are running projects such as using PDAs in the classroom.

Currently I am looking at information on the usefulness of PDAs (Palm,
Handspring, IPAQ, etc) in education. If there are any people on this list
who have some knowledge in this area I would be delighted to hear from you.
Alternatively, I would be more than happy for people to forward on my
request for information on ICT in education to relevant people, or let me
know of some useful contacts.

Cheers
David Goldstein

Technology Research and Evaluation
British Educational Communications and Technology Agency
Tel:  024 7641 6994 ext 2157
email:  [log in to unmask]

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com