Help for DC-EDUCATION Archives

DC-EDUCATION Archives

DC-EDUCATION@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DC-EDUCATION Home

DC-EDUCATION  August 2000

DC-EDUCATION August 2000

Invitation to Educational Metadata meeting, Manchester, UK

Paul Miller <[log in to unmask]>

P.Miller

Mon, 21 Aug 2000 11:17:56 +0100

Metadata for Education Group - http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/metadata/education/

All,

The Metadata for Education Group (MEG) was established following a meeting
of key UK stakeholders in London earlier this year. This open group aims to
foster and facilitate common approaches to the description of electronic
learning resources, specifically for learners within the various levels of
the UK's educational systems. MEG seeks to work in co-operation with other
national and international bodies, disseminating existing standards and best
practice and, where necessary, feeding requirements for further developments
into existing standardisation efforts.

As members of the broader educational community, I would like to take this
opportunity to invite you to the group's second meeting. This meeting is
being held on Monday 11 September in the UK city of Manchester. The meeting
is being held in association with the ALT-C conference
(http://www.umist.ac.uk/alt-c2000/), which you may also be interested in
attending.

Please consider forwarding this message to colleagues who may also be
interested in this important effort.

A more detailed agenda, and associated documents, will be posted to the MEG
web site in due course (http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/metadata/education/), and I
will announce their availability to the uk-meg@mailbase list
(http://www.mailbase.ac.uk/lists/uk-meg/), which you may wish to consider
joining. In the meantime, you may wish to look at the minutes of our first
meeting
(http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/metadata/education/meetings/minutes/2000-06-07.html)
.

Attendance at the meeting is free and open to all, up to the capacity of the
room. Lunch will be provided, and I would therefore be grateful if you could
contact me as soon as possible to let me know if you wish to attend, in
order to ensure provision of enough food.

The meeting will begin at 11:00, with coffee available from 10:30. We would
aim to finish no later than 16:30.

If you have any queries or agenda items please get in touch, and I look
forward to seeing all of you there,

Paul

  -- dr. paul miller - interoperability focus -- [log in to unmask] --
     u. k. office for library and information networking  (ukoln)
     tel: +44 (0)1482 466890               mobile: +44 (0)7710 481812
  ----------------------------- http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/interop-focus/ --