Help for QUAL-SOFTWARE Archives

QUAL-SOFTWARE Archives

QUAL-SOFTWARE@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

QUAL-SOFTWARE Home

QUAL-SOFTWARE  August 2000

QUAL-SOFTWARE August 2000

Resource Guide for Social Sciences: free flier

"Ann Lewins" <[log in to unmask]>

Ann Lewins

Thu, 10 Aug 2000 17:06:31 +0100

I am forwarding this on behalf of the Resource Guide for Social Scientists,
with whom the CAQDAS Networking Project co-operates to increase networking
access to free resources. The resource information contained in fliers is
useful for all social science students and researchers.

Subject: Free Fliers (revised edition) : Social science resources

*********Apologies for multiple postings**************

FREE Fliers (revised edition): Resource Guide for the Social Sciences
Place your *advance order* online through our home page at:

http://www.jisc.ac.uk/subject/socsci/

This comprehensive flier is being revised and updated for the
2000-2001 academic session. It provides details of over 50 key social
science resources to support research and learning.

The revised edition is due for release on September 11th. Orders will
be processed during the week of September 11th.

This edition features:
=====================
*The inclusion of the social science related resources that have been
added to the JISC/ESRC portfolio since the last edition
*An access table that illustrates the access arrangements for each
resource
*A Search Tips section

Resource categories include:
===========================
Bibliographic, reference and research information
Publications online
Subject gateways
Data services
Learning and teaching
Support services

We are keen to continue distributing this flier to those working and
studying in the social sciences in the UK and welcome applications for
substantial numbers for specific HE, FE and research community events
and activities for example:

*Inclusion in student and staff induction packs
*Distribution at appropriate workshop/training sessions
*Distribution to class groups
*Inclusion in conference packs
*Placement in individual departmental staff post trays
*Any other event/activity relevant to social scientists in the
research community

Order your copies in advance at:

http://www.jisc.ac.uk/subject/socsci/

If you have any questions about the new edition, please do not hesitate
to contact me.

=======================
What else can we offer?
=======================
Use the contact details at the end of this message to find out about
and/or request our posters and postcards which raise awareness of our
Web site.

We also run a limited number of FREE awareness raising events.
Consult the training section of our Web site for details:
http://www.jisc.ac.uk/subject/socsci/training.html

Further information about the Resource Guide for the Social Sciences

Our mission:
============
The Resource Guide for the Social Sciences:
*raises awareness of the range of resources available
*offers a variety of activities to promote effective use of the
resources
*continues to develop our framework for subject based awareness
raising and promotion

Where did we come from?
=======================
Funded jointly by the JISC and the ESRC, the Resource Guide for the
Social Sciences was initially set up as a pilot project to develop a
framework for subject based awareness raising and promotion of
resources by working with those learning and researching in the social
sciences in the UK.

We developed and piloted a number of events and activities on a small
scale during our pilot year.
Our funding has been extended until October 2001 so we are now
alerting the social science community to our services on a wider
scale.

Who are we?
===========
We are based at the Institute for Learning and Research Technology
(ILRT) at the University of Bristol.

The Resource Guide Team:
Karen Ford   (Resource Guide Adviser)
Beryl Ray    (Resource Guide Support)
Lesly Huxley (Project Director)

We look forward to hearing from you

===============================
What about other subject areas?
===============================
Our framework is currently being extended to other subject areas.
For information about the Resource Guide for the Arts and Humanities
Visit:   http://www.jisc.ac.uk/subject/arts-hum/
or contact:  Liz Lewis (Resource Guide Adviser)  [log in to unmask]
or tel 0207 9287991

Karen Ford
Resource Guide Adviser

Karen Ford
Resource Guide Adviser
Resource Guide for the Social Sciences
Institute for Learning and Research Technology
University of Bristol, 8-10 Berkeley Square, Bristol, BS8 1HH, UK
Tel: +44(0)117 928 7056       email: [log in to unmask]
Fax: +44(0)117 928 7112       URL: http://www.jisc.ac.uk/subject/socsci/