Help for ACCESS-VBA-DISCUSS Archives

ACCESS-VBA-DISCUSS Archives

ACCESS-VBA-DISCUSS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ACCESS-VBA-DISCUSS Home

ACCESS-VBA-DISCUSS  July 2000

ACCESS-VBA-DISCUSS July 2000

How to filter the fields that appear on a report

"Ged Warren" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 18 Jul 2000 22:42:53 +0100

Hi,
Can anyone help me with this?

I am writing an application for Access 97 where the users can filter records
in a form using Ken Getz's query by form wizard. I am then using the form's
filter property to filter a report.

The users have asked, however, if it would be possible to also select from a
list which fields actually appear on the report and for the report to grow
or shrink according to how many fields are selected.

The only way I can think of for doing this would be to create a recordset
from the fields selected from the list and then populate the report with
those fields programmatically. Unfortunately, this is a little beyond my
programming capabilities. Someone, somewhere must have come across and
solved this problem before me.

Please help!

Ged Warren