EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS Archives

EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS Home

EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS  June 2000

EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS June 2000

Re: Sending a value to the Clipboard

Efstratios Malasiotis <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 29 Jun 2000 18:49:16 +0100

Sorry Anthony, I don't really understand what 'APPEND MyName to an existing
clipboard object' means.
In Windows NT - Excel 97 that I am working on there is only one clipboard.
If again you mean if you can read from the clipboard, then yes, you could do
it using APIs or
similarly with:
(from the Help files)
-----------------------------------
Dim MyData as DataObject

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    'Need to select text before copying it to Clipboard
    TextBox1.SelStart = 0
    TextBox1.SelLength = TextBox1.TextLength
    TextBox1.Copy

    MyData.GetFromClipboard
    TextBox2.Text = MyData.GetText(1)
End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
    Set MyData = New DataObject
    TextBox1.Text = "Move this data to the Clipboard, to a DataObject, then
to TextBox2!"
End Sub

Copyright(c) 1996 Microsoft Corporation.
If you mean something different, please describe your objective and maybe me
or someone else can help you achieve it.

Regards,
Stratos