ACCESS-VBA-DISCUSS April 2000

A simple question

Mike Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 26 Apr 2000 12:07:22 +0100

Hi guys

	I've got a simple question for all of the list members.

	I  have a form/ subform situation where the subform has 	a number of command buttons on it. the one in 	particular has the following code behind it:

Sub AddContact_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_AddContact_Click
     If IsNull([Contact no]) Then
        MsgBox "The screen is ready to accept new details!!!!", 64, "ESF Database"
        [Collegecontact].SetFocus
    Else
        DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec
        [Collegecontact].SetFocus

    End If
Exit_AddContact_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_AddContact_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_AddContact_Click

End Sub

I want to stay on the current & at the current record
once I've actually added new details to the subform.

I assume I need a Me.Requery but if I put at the end of the AddContact code I don't end up with a clear subform in which to add details If I put it in the afterupdate event of the subform I have to click on one of the other controls before things are updated

All suggestions gratefully received

Regards

Mike Hamilton

p.s.  I've given on the drop down menus activating the command buttons on the subform & I've given up also on the updating records after printing the report  (for the time being)

I'm simply going to attempt to create two user groups
1 for me being able to alter anything
& 2 one for the users

Any pointers here would be appreciated

Then I'll finish my user manual & training plan