EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS Archives

EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS Home

EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS  February 2000

EXCEL-VB-DISCUSS February 2000

RE: RE: Usernames

"Godfather Costanzo" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 31 Jan 2000 20:19:34 -0500

Sean,
I'm not real familiar with the whole Novell thing, but from what I gather,
and the way our network is at work, that code, basically the same that we
all use, will return Administrator as the username for everyone where I am.
The reason is that the only unique network names we have are our Novell
names.  We log on (in!) to the Novell network, and then after being Novelly
validated, log onto the pc as administrator (or whatever the local profile
on that machine may be, usually administrator).  This is the only place that
I've ever been on a Novell network, so I don't know if this is how it always
happens or not.  Two logons though.  I hate Novell, I'll tell you that.

Ray