UKHEPGRID@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

UKHEPGRID Home

UKHEPGRID  2000

UKHEPGRID 2000

Re: Grid websites

John Dainton <[log in to unmask]>

The UK High Energy Physics GRID List <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 18 Jul 2000 18:30:43 +0200

TEXT/PLAIN

I am somewhat amused, if not bemused, at this early stage in the Grid
project that so many seem so concerned about the presence or otherwise of
a secret web site.

I know that there are traditions in this country concerning some
organisations that require passwords, signs, twitches etc etc before one
is accepted into the brethren. It has always been disappointing to me that
such aspects seem so important to these otherwise innocuous organisations.

I do not regard the Grid as innocuous. Therefore I consider that somehow
too much time is being spent contemplating a navel (in hyperspace ... ?).

But may be I am just not a good enough chap - sorry!

                             John Dainton
                       Professor of Physics
DESY (H1)                                        Department of Physics
22603 Hamburg                                    University of Liverpool
Notkestrasse 85                                  Oxford St.
Germany                                          Liverpool L69 7ZE , UK
Tel Intl+49(0) 40 8998 2314                      Intl+44(0)151 794 3374