Dear List Members,
Below please find a (short) list of new journal issues, online publications,
and web sites. If you are aware of other new resources available on the
web, please let me know.
International Migration Review (Center for Migration Studies) -
- Lists articles to be included in the forthcoming Fall 2000 (vol. 34, no.
Plein Droit (GISTI) -
- Includes several full-text articles from its Sept. 2000 (no. 46) issue:
e.g., "Des droits universels...sous condition"; "Et si on faisait payer les
Refugee Survey Quarterly (UNHCR) -
- This new issue (vol. 19, no. 1, 2000) focuses on security issues in
refugee populated areas; the table of contents is posted at the a/m address.
Centre d'Etudes sur le droit international et la mondialisation -
- Two new studies that focus on the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Board:
"Analyse multidisciplinaire du processus decisionnel de la CISR, Rapport
sommaire"; "La securite des refugies et la competence des commissaires de la
CISR: les silences inopportuns du projet de loi C-31" (both also available
International Peace Research Institute (PRIO), "Reassessing the Impact of
Humanitarian Mine Action: Illustrations from Mozambique," by A.S. Millard
and K. Berg Harpviken -
USAID - Reports available from its project entitled "Aftermath: Gender
Issues in Postconflict Societies"; country studies include:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina - http://www.dec.org/pdf_docs/PNACJ322.pdf
- Georgia - http://www.dec.org/pdf_docs/PNACJ325.pdf and
- Cambodia - http://www.dec.org/pdf_docs/PNACJ327.pdf
- Rwanda - http://www.dec.org/pdf_docs/PNACJ324.pdf and
3. Web sites
Global Development Gateway (World Bank) - http://www.worldbank.org/gateway
- Still in its pilot phase; the purpose of the portal is to share resources
and tools on development issues; visit the site to learn more about what
eventually will be included when the gateway is fully operational in June
International Peace Research Institute (PRIO) - http://www.prio.no
- Re-designed; publishes the "Journal of Peace Research" and makes available
datasets used by authors in various articles; a number of its publications
are provided in full-text.
Kiosk: Journal of Geopolitics (Fowler's Internet Library) -
- Gateway to information on international and current issues; target
audience is primarily social science students at secondary school or
university level; includes links to newspapers from around the world,
feature topics, background country information, maps, etc.
Consultant, Forced Migration Portal Project
Refugee Studies Centre, University of Oxford
The material contained in this communication comes to you from the
Forced-migration Discussion List which is moderated by the Refugee Studies
Centre (RSC), University of Oxford. It does not necessarily reflect the
views of the RSC or the University. If you re-print, copy, archive or
re-post this message please retain this disclaimer. Quotations or extracts
should include attribution to the original sources.
Forced-migration Discussion list reports are archived on: