Help for ECON-NETWORK Archives

ECON-NETWORK Archives

ECON-NETWORK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ECON-NETWORK Home

ECON-NETWORK  2000

ECON-NETWORK 2000

New Current Awareness Service from SOSIG (fwd)

Martin L Poulter <[log in to unmask]>

Martin L Poulter <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 9 Mar 2000 17:44:58 +0000 (GMT)

TEXT/PLAIN

Are you interested in staying up to date with new Internet resources,
events and news in the area of social sciences, business and law? If so
take a look at the new SOSIG service which offers the ability to
create your own tailored information account through a facility called
'My Account'.

'My Account' provides you with a personal SOSIG information service.
This free registration service lets you:

Receive weekly email notification of new Internet sites, conferences,
courses and colleagues from SOSIG which match your own personal
interests

Publish your CV on the Grapevine section of SOSIG

Find like-minded colleagues working in similar fields

Set up your own Web page on SOSIG that displays Internet channels of
your choosing.

Setting up an account is easy: select the 'My Account' option on the
SOSIG home page and select the 'New user: Register' link. Then follow
the on-screen prompts to see the various options for customising and
publishing information on SOSIG.

In addition to 'My Account' SOSIG has also introduced a brand new
interface with improved design and navigability, together with some
exciting additional services designed to enable users to find accurate,
timely, authentic information resources in Social Science, Business and
Law more quickly and effectively than ever before.

Take a look at the new site at http://www.sosig.ac.uk/

For more information please contact:

Debra Hiom
Email: [log in to unmask]
Tel: +44 (0)117 928 7117

SOSIG is a service of the UK Resource Discovery Network
http://www.rdn.ac.uk/