Internet Trainers Workshop
09:30 - 16:30 Friday 26th May 2000 University of Newcastle
The Internet Trainers workshop provides the framework, guidelines and
materials for participants to run their own Internet training courses
using and modifying Netskills training materials.
This practical workshop is targeted at anyone who already has a
training role in their organisation and who wants to focus on Internet
The workshop will comprise presentations, demonstrations and
hands-on sessions with opportunities for questions and discussion.
Participants will each receive a workbook which contains workshop
exercises, presentation slides and other relevant materials.
Topics covered will include:
* challenges associated with Internet training
* using Netskills training modules to deliver training
* planning, structuring and implementing training sessions
* tips for producing, modifying and delivering training materials
* adapting Netskills materials and presentations
* preparing and presenting live Internet demonstrations
* evaluating events and workshops
By the end of the workshop participants will have:
* learned how to register for and download Netskills training
* explored those Netskills training materials which are relevant to
their own training role
* used a planning form to prepare for the organisation and delivery of
a training session
* had the opportunity to discuss the challenges associated with
* learned how to prepare effectively for a live Internet demonstration
* used a variety of software tools which can aid the delivery of
Internet training (including tools for screen capture, offline
browsing and HTML conversion)
* developed a web quiz to incorporate in a training session
* investigated the evaluation of training sessions
Participants need no special technical skills; however, it
is expected that participants will have some training
experience and will be familiar with using the Internet.
For the hands-on sessions they will find it helpful to have
had some experience of using Microsoft Windows.
The cost of the workshop is £ 105 for participants from higher and
further education. Other participants should contact Netskills for the
Note: Costs include lunch, morning coffee and afternoon tea.
For more information about Netskills workshops, including
online booking forms, look at the Netskills event pages on the World
Wide Web at:
or contact Netskills directly by email:
[log in to unmask]
or by Fax:
0191 222 5001
or leave a request for booking forms on the bookings hotline:
0191 222 5008