ADMIN-EO 2000

Re: Digest of admin-eo - volume 1 #179

Berry Dicker <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 03 Feb 2000 12:31:34 +0000

At 04:12 03/02/00 GMT, you wrote:
>Subjects of messages in this digest:
>
>	Re: Human Rights Act

I should try Skill. They recently gave a conference in conjunction with QAA
at which the Human Rights Act featured. To quote our representatives report
from the conference
'The Hman Rights Act, which is law in Britain comes into force in October
and states that all people have the right to education and disabled
students can take a University to court if they feel they have not been
allowed to assert this right fully'

Berry
-

>Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 08:35:54 +0000
>From: gam1 <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Human Rights Act
>
>Neil
>I think that Eversheds have done quite a bit of work in this area & mybe
>worth contacting. I saw them advertising seminars on the subject
>Ged Murray
>York
>
>Neil Samman wrote:
>>
>> Dear Colleagues
>>
>> I have been asked to give a talk on the Human Rights Act on 1 March. If
>> anyone has information on the Act and its impact on Universities, I would
>> be very grateful if you could send it to me.
>>
>> Many thanks.
>>
>> Neil Samman
>>
>> Neil Samman
>> Equal Opportunities Officer
>> University of Reading
>> Whiteknights House Annexe
>> Whiteknights
>> Reading RG6 6AH
>

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 16:53:26 +0000
>From: Susanna Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Human Rights Act
>

>I foundCharter 88 had some really useful leaflets.  their number is
>0171 684 3888, or you can email them on [log in to unmask]
>
>Susanna.
>

>Susanna Hancock
>Equal Opportunities Officer
>QAAS
>ext: 6873
>Email: [log in to unmask]
>

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 17:00:10 +0000
>From: Susanna Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Human Rights Act
>
>	Sorry, I meant  to add that Charter 88  have a leaflet on eachof
>the following: Young people, disabled people,  people from
>blackand ethnic minorities, lesbians and gay men, women, the
>environment and some others.
>
>Susanna.
>

>Susanna Hancock
>Equal Opportunities Officer
>QAAS
>ext: 6873
>Email: [log in to unmask]

Berry Dicker TEL: 01902 321197   FAX: 01902 321163
University of Wolverhampton,
62-68 Lichfield St,
Wolverhampton WV1 1DJ.