Pre-Sales Consultant (Government Sector)
Location: Headquarters, Cambridge, UK
In every sector, organisations are using location data to make better decisions – improving profits, saving time and saving lives. 1Spatial develops solutions to help our customers manage their complex spatial data. We are a global business with offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, America, Ireland and Belgium. Would you be a good fit to the 1Spatial Pre-Sales team?
As a member of the Government team you will support sales opportunities around 1Spatial’s primary role as a software solutions provider to the geospatial market. Working with national mapping agencies, defence agencies and government departments, you will provide technical support, build demonstrations and implement prototype solutions. By taking a customer first approach, you will develop a detailed knowledge of our customers business to understand their current challenges and how they could evolve to meet future needs.
As well as working with Sales teams, you will collaborate with various teams across 1Spatial such as marketing, consulting, engineering, finance, technical support, and 3rd Party Vendors, to ensure that proposals and offers made to customers and prospective customers include the technical solution(s) that best address their needs, and are appropriately supported at the customer’s end by their key technical decision-makers.
• Nurturing and developing relationships with key Government customer accounts.
• Understanding key Government customer business and technical challenges. • Providing specialist technical advice on the geospatial products, services and solutions delivered within Government customer accounts.
• Planning, preparing and delivering demonstrators and proof of concepts to inform Government customers about new value propositions and what can be achieved.
• Planning, preparing and delivering webinars, seminars, white papers that promote 1Spatial and its capabilities and offerings.
• Qualifying opportunities and collaborating with the business development, consulting and development teams to develop innovative solution concepts and promote these concepts to Government clients.
• Supporting the production and review of technical scopes of work, cost estimates and associated project plans for inclusion in proposals, bid responses, and quotations.
• Providing geospatial domain and technical input to client tenders, proposals and presentations.
• Ensuring marketing strategies for Government are supported with content for thought leadership and innovation, including articles, white papers and webinars.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Ideally you will have 2 years+ experience of working with UK Government or
the Public Sector in mapping/geospatial
• Knowledge and experience of using GIS technologies
• Ability to establish and nurture customer relationships with an emphasis on
leveraging future business opportunities.
• Ability to understand customer needs and translate these needs into new value
• Experience of designing and building demonstrators to communicate ideas,
concepts and value propositions.
• Proven ability to work independently on customer projects.
• Experience of working with cross business teams, including marketing,
customer support, development, consulting and product management.
• A Geography or Technology based degree
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Desirable Skills & Experience:
• Knowledge and experience of using 1Spatial technology.
• Knowledge and experience of using Esri ArcGIS technology.
• Knowledge and experience of using Latitude Geographics Geocortex
• Experience of supporting teams in responding to tenders.
What we can offer
Flexible working hours
25 days annual leave
Generous company pension
Group income protection scheme
Private health insurance
Free car parking
Easy rail access
Soft drinks and fruit
Cycle to work scheme
Active social programme
Please send a covering letter and CV/resume to [log in to unmask] Our
you provide to us.
If you require further information or would like an informal chat about the role, please
contact [log in to unmask] and we will arrange for you to speak with the
We require that all candidates are able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the
To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit: