Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary: Negotiable, depending on skills & experience
1Spatial is looking for a Product Owner to report to the Head of Product Management and work within our agile development teams to shape and convey the technical vision of the products and solutions we are building. Are you seeking a change or searching for a new challenge?
We are looking for an experienced Product Owner to guide our high-performing development teams to deliver our product strategy and goals. You will own the team’s backlog and provide direction on all aspects of the team’s delivery requirements.
You will help to define and manage the product or solution requirements based on the needs of the customer (either internal or external), and work with the team to deliver to those requirements.
As a Product Owner, you will ensure that the development team are motivated to meet the goals of the product or solution. You will always be available to support the team and have knowledge about the business of the software that we are producing. This means understanding our market, our customers and our business.
You will have great communication skills to work with your development team, as well as other people inside and outside the organisation. This includes our exceptional international customers and all our multi-disciplinary teams that are made up of architects, software engineers, UI developers, test engineers, technical authors and DevOps engineers.
You will be responsible for:
• Working with our customers and users to understand their needs, and how these needs can be turned into requirements to be met
• Communicating the vision and requirements to the development team so the team goals help realise the product or solution strategy
• Planning the releases of the products and solutions
• Prioritising product and solution features according to market or customer value
• Defining the sprint goals and metrics to measure and monitor team effectiveness
• Building and grooming the backlog of tasks for the products and solutions
• Ensuring the backlog is well defined with acceptance criteria for all functional and non—functional requirements
• Scope and schedule tradeoff decisions for the team
• Market research and analysis to justify business cases for product development and change requests
• Working with our product management, marketing and business developments teams to lead the products to market
• The profitability of your product and team
Required Skills and Experience:
• Proven experience in working as a Product Owner or Requirements analyst
• Proven experience in technical assurance
• Strong understanding of technical needs from pre- to post-sales
• Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills
• Experience of agile and lean development
• Experience in using software development tools, such as JIRA
What we can offer
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary along with:
• Flexible working hours
• 25 days annual leave, plus recognition for long service
• Generous Company Pension Scheme
• Group Income Protection Scheme
• Private Health Insurance and Health Cash Plan
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Child Care Vouchers Scheme
• Weekly hours of 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday
• Work base in Cambridge
• Social programme including monthly social gatherings and summer/Christmas parties
• Free car parking
• Refreshments including soft drinks and fruit
If you would like further information about 1Spatial or the position, please contact our HR department.
If you require further information or would like an informal chat about the role, please contact [log in to unmask] and we will arrange for you to speak with the hiring manager.
Whilst we look forward to receiving your covering letter and CV via [log in to unmask], we would ask that you read our privacy notice specifically for applicants so you can be confident of how we will store, manage and process the data you provide to us.
We do require that all candidates are able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.
1Spatial is a leading provider of intelligent solutions for organisations worldwide that need to trust their location-based information. We are a global business and have offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, America, Ireland and Belgium. 1Spatial has been a leader in the geospatial market for over 40 years and this success is down to talented and great people. We are in an exciting period of growth for the business
To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit: