GIS-JOBS Archives

GIS-JOBS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

GIS-JOBS Home

GIS-JOBS  February 2019

GIS-JOBS February 2019

GIS Consultant for UN project

SUBSCRIBE GIS-JOBS Oliva Martin <[log in to unmask]>

SUBSCRIBE GIS-JOBS Oliva Martin <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 4 Feb 2019 08:06:45 +0000

Job title: GIS Consultant
Location: Brindisi, Italy
Salary (gross): ~ $10,000 per month
Hours: 40 per week
Contract: Fixed term contract for approximately four months
Starting date: As soon as possible

UNGSC [1] is looking for a consultant to work at our office in Brindisi, Italy for a four-month’s period. The consultant will have a deep understanding of publishing services using ArcGIS for Server and working knowledge of Webservers, JavaScript and Python. Esri’s Production/Defense Mapping for ArcGIS Enterprise, desired.

Background: The aim of the project is to install and configure an Esri tool called Product on Demand (POD) [2] that allows our staff in our UN mission in Somalia to dynamically download “on demand” their desired topographic map sheets at 50K or 100K scales from a web application hosted within our UN GeoPortal. The underline data will be coming “live” from both the Mission’s layers and OSM.

Requirements: The candidate will be an EU national able to:
1.	configure, customize and set up the Esri’s Product on Demand (POD) application within our existing ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 infrastructure
2.	creating, tuning and publishing all products needed by the POD application
3.	configure topographic map templates and layouts at 1:50,000 and 1:100,000 scales
4.	assist in other tasks in order to automate the production workflows for the creation of topographic line maps.
The consultant will have proven experience of publishing and administering web services using ArcGIS Server, and working knowledge of web servers, JavaScript and Python.

If interested, please e-mail: [log in to unmask]

[1] https://www.unlb.org/Services/SGITT
[2] https://github.com/Esri/product-on-demand

To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/gis-jobs