Project Manager (Software Development & Customer Delivery)
Location: Headquarters, Cambridge, UK
Salary: Dependant on skills & experience
1Spatial is looking for an enthusiastic, customer-focused Project Manager to join its UK Delivery team. As the face of 1Spatial, you will have great communication skills and an aptitude that will enable them to ensure projects are delivered on time, to budget, whilst meeting our customer’s requirements and quality criteria.
As a Project Manager, you will play a pivotal role in liaising with customers focusing on customer delivery whilst interacting with different teams across 1Spatial. In this varied role, you will be managing the day to day activities of multiple projects simultaneously to ensure these are delivered on schedule and meet customer requirements and acceptance criteria. You will have a keen eye for the commercial aspects of project delivery and recognise opportunities with the customers that you’re working with.
You will be focusing on customer delivery and working with the product management, consulting, development, testing and customer support teams in a highly collaborative, agile environment. You will also be working with our sales team in identifying future opportunities.
We take pride in our outstanding reputation created by working in collaboration with our customers; being on-site you will quickly find yourself part of a high-performing, rewarding team. We encourage our teams to spend time on customer’s sites to foster this way of working. Whilst you will be based at our Cambridge HQ, it will mean that you will be expected to travel throughout the UK, including overnight stays. 1Spatial will support you and your teams in this and assist with arranging the logistics for you.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Proven track record of successful customer facing commercial project management delivering technical solutions within the required timeframes and to budget.
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with customer and stakeholders in order to manage expectations and project risks
• Ability to understand commercial structure and any potential impact it can have on budgets
• Sound commercial knowledge to enable projects to meet the agreed objectives
• Ability to recognise opportunities and to highlight these with our Sales team
• The ability to manage and mitigate project risks and issues; working with the delivery team and escalating when necessary
• Communication is key and you will be required to have proven communication skills, both verbal and written
• An understanding of the geospatial domain or an ability to develop in this area
• Self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; setting priorities for themselves and their delivery teams
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Experience in managing the delivery of Software Implementation and Systems Integration projects
• Experience of working as part of a consortium (either prime or sub-contractor)
• Experience of working with and managing 3rd parties (e.g. contractors or 3rd party organisations)
• Experience of working within long-term frameworks consisting of various potentially simultaneous projects
• Knowledge and experience working with Agile project methodologies and how they apply to commercial projects
• Experience with traditional project methodologies, such as Waterfall.
• Familiarity with project and development management tools, e.g. Microsoft Project, Jira and PSA/Salesforce
• Familiarity with ISO 9001 would be beneficial, so would having other ISO certifications such as that for Information Security (27001).
What we can offer
• Flexible working hours
• 25 days annual leave, plus recognition for long service
• Generous Company Pension Scheme
• Group Income Protection Scheme
• Private Health Insurance and Health Cash Plan
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Child Care Vouchers Scheme
• Weekly hours of 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday
• Work base in Cambridge
• Social programme including monthly social gatherings and summer/Christmas parties
• Free car parking
• Refreshments including soft drinks and fruit
If you would like further information about 1Spatial or the position, please contact our HR department.
If you require further information or would like an informal chat about the role, please contact [log in to unmask] and we will arrange for you to speak with the hiring manager.
Whilst we look forward to receiving your covering letter and CV via [log in to unmask], we would ask that you read our privacy notice specifically for applicants so you can be confident of how we will store, manage and process the data you provide to us.
We do require that all candidates are able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.
1Spatial is a leading provider of intelligent solutions for organisations worldwide that need to
trust their location-based information. We are a global business and have offices in
Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, America, Ireland and Belgium. 1Spatial has been a
leader in the geospatial market for over 40 years and this success is down to talented and
great people. We are in an exciting period of growth for the business
To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit: