Senior GIS Consultant for Keystone Ecology, Tetbury, Gloucestershire
Keystone are looking for a self motivated GIS professional with strong communication skills. The role primarily requires providing mapping and data support to the Keystone Ecology team. The mapping element of the role requires the production of clear and concise maps for use within ecological reports and EPS licence applications. This involves producing maps that display the survey results for a wide range of Phase I and Phase II species and habitat surveys. Mapping outputs must be adapted to latest survey methodology best practice.
The candidate would also be expected to advise project managers on how GIS can be best utilised within a project. In addition the candidate may need to provide technical support or training to other GIS users within the company.
The GIS consultant will be expected to enter and analyse project data collected in the field, including data management for collision risk modelling and bat sound analysis.
The GIS consultant will need to assess data provided by local record centres, using spatial analysis techniques. You will also need to manage GIS datasets that are available from governing bodies by sourcing and updating data at regular intervals.
The candidate will need to write technical GIS elements of both ecological and GIS specific tenders in order to expand the GIS department. This includes identifying and developing business opportunities using GIS solutions. The candidate will be required to manage GIS elements of any tender that they are awarded.
The GIS Consultant will be responsible for quality assuring company mapping and data outputs. This includes outputs produced in all Keystone offices.
In addition to the above responsibilities this role involves a marketing support element which entails managing mailchimp and producing mailchimp emails to clients; managing and updating the intranet; updating the news, case study and technical information sections of our website using Wordpress and production of case studies and quarterly newsletters from supplied content using Indesign.
- Advanced GIS knowledge and experience using MapInfo professional. The candidate will require excellent
knowledge of spatial analysis techniques.
- Ability to adapt GIS methodologies and techniques to new guidelines in ecological survey.
- Ensure company is compliant with data source licensing e.g. OS licensing, data from record centres etc.
- Proficient in use of MS Excel.
- Ability to accurately enter and quality assure large volumes of data.
- Ability to work as part of a professional team, with employees based in regional offices, to complete projects.
- Ability to manage own workload and be self motivated to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Experienced in using Adobe PhotoShop.
- Ability to write technical elements of tenders.
- Proven ability to manage GIS projects.
- Knowledge of GPS units and how to integrate them into projects.
- A good level of general IT skill.
- Proficient in use of Indesign.
- Experience of using GIS within ecological projects.
- Knowledge of ecologically important datasets such as Statutory Sites.
- General ecological knowledge, in particular knowledge of survey methodologies would be beneficial for
understanding the information needed to be displayed within the final mapping.
- Knowledge of species nomenclature and wildlife legislation
- Knowledge of email marketing practices.
- Experience of editing HTML and CSS.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS and MS Access may be beneficial in the future.
- Familiarity with Wordpress
- Aptitude for design/artistic flare
To apply please send a CV to [log in to unmask] We would urge candidates to apply at the earliest opportunity
To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit: