Location: Headquarters, Cambridge, UK
In every sector, organisations are using location data to make better decisions – improving profits, saving time and saving lives. 1Spatial develops solutions to help our customers manage their complex spatial data. We are a global business with offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, America, Ireland and Belgium. Would you be a good fit to the 1Spatial product management team?
We are looking for an experienced Product Owner to guide our high-performing development teams to deliver our product strategy and goals. You will own the team’s backlog and provide direction on all aspects of the team’s delivery requirements.
You will help to define and manage the product or solution requirements based on the needs of the customer (either internal or external), and work with the team to deliver to those requirements.
As a Product Owner, you will ensure that the development team are motivated to meet the goals of the product or solution. You will always be available to support the team and have knowledge about the business of the software that we are producing. This means understanding our market, our customers and our business.
You will have great communication skills to work with your development team, as well as other people inside and outside the organisation. This includes our exceptional international customers and all our multi-disciplinary teams that are made up of architects, software engineers, UI developers, test engineers, technical authors and DevOps engineers.
You will be responsible for:
• Working with our customers and users to understand their needs, and how these needs can be turned into requirements to be met
• Communicating the vision and requirements to the development team so the team goals help realise the product or solution strategy
• Planning the releases of the products and solutions
• Prioritising product and solution features according to market or customer value
• Defining the sprint goals and metrics to measure and monitor team effectiveness
• Building and grooming the backlog of tasks for the products and solutions
• Ensuring the backlog is well defined with acceptance criteria for all functional and non—functional requirements
• Scope and schedule trade-off decisions for the team
• Market research and analysis to justify business cases for product development and change requests
• Working with our product management, marketing and business
developments teams to lead the products to market
• The profitability of your product and team
Required Skills and Experience:
• Proven experience in working as a Product Owner or Requirements analyst
• Proven experience in technical assurance
• Strong understanding of technical needs from pre- to post-sales
• Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills
• Experience of agile and lean development
• Experience in using software development tools, such as JIRA
What we can offer
Flexible working hours
25 days annual leave
Generous company pension
Group income protection scheme
Private health insurance
Free car parking
Easy rail access
Soft drinks and fruit
Cycle to work scheme
Active social programme
Please send a covering letter and CV/resume to [log in to unmask] Our
you provide to us.
If you require further information or would like an informal chat about the role, please
contact [log in to unmask] and we will arrange for you to speak with the
We require that all candidates are able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the
To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit: