Senior Java Developer
Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary: Negotiable, depending on skills & experience
1Spatial have opportunities for Senior Java Developers to join their UK development team. Are you seeking a change or searching for a new challenge?
You will be joining an expanding team working on the core technology of the company’s products. The role will involve all phases of software development including analysis, design, implementation and testing of a broad spectrum of development requirements. While you will mainly be developing in Java with a focus on backend, you will also be exposed to front-end development as part of this role.
We are looking for passionate people to redraw the map for 1Spatial and our customers. If you are willing to learn, willing to share and willing to challenge, then this is the role for you.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Proven strong Java development skills
• Self-motivated team player with strong problem solving and communication skills
• Proven troubleshooting and debugging skills using standard tooling (e.g. VisualVM, MAT, jps, jstack, jstat etc.)
• Passionate about continuous improvement
• Genuine and proven interest in technology
• Experience with Git
• Experience with build tooling (Maven or Gradle)
• Agile Software Development experience (Scrum or Kanban)
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Curiosity in evaluating and advocating new technology
• Experience of manipulating complex data
• Experience with Java EE
• Experience developing SOAP and REST APIs
• Experience with continuous integration servers (Jenkins/Hudson or TeamCity)
• Database experience (Oracle, Postgres or Microsoft SQL Server)
• Experience with web front-end development (AngularJS, Angular or DOJO)
• Experience in GIS or geometry manipulation
• Familiarity with Java EE application servers (JBoss/WildFly or Oracle WebLogic)
• Familiarity with Docker
• Familiarity with configuration management tools (Puppet or Ansible)
• Familiarity with both Windows and Linux
What we can offer
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary along with:
• Flexible working hours
• 25 days annual leave, plus recognition for long service
• Generous Company Pension Scheme
• Group Income Protection Scheme
• Private Health Insurance and Health Cash Plan
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Child Care Vouchers Scheme
• Weekly hours of 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday
• Work base in Cambridge
• Social programme including monthly social gatherings and summer/Christmas parties
• Free car parking
• Refreshments including soft drinks and fruit
If you would like further information about 1Spatial or the position, please contact our HR
If you require further information or would like an informal chat about the role, please contact
[log in to unmask] and we will arrange for you to speak with the hiring manager.
Whilst we look forward to receiving your covering letter and CV via
[log in to unmask], we would ask that you read our privacy notice specifically for
applicants so you can be confident of how we will store, manage and process the data you
provide to us.
We do require that all candidates are able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.
1Spatial is a leading provider of intelligent solutions for organisations worldwide that need to
trust their location-based information. We are a global business and have offices in
Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, America, Ireland and Belgium. 1Spatial has been a
leader in the geospatial market for over 40 years and this success is down to talented and
great people. We are in an exciting period of growth for the business.
To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit: