Intertek Energy & Water Consultancy Services (part of the Intertek Group) is a leading advisory company in the marine, coastal and river environments. We have exciting opportunities to develop and deliver leading edge solutions for environmental regulation and improved environmental performance.
We are looking to recruit a GIS Analyst (1-3 years’ experience) for an exciting opportunity in our Hampshire office, to work in a dynamic team providing GIS support to our projects. This is an excellent job opportunity for a candidate who wishes to apply a creative mind to real world challenges and contribute to a team already established for its excellence.
In the role, you will be responsible for the production and analysis of data and maps to help deliver a variety of outputs. You should be able to ‘hit the ground running’ and be excited by the prospect of expanding your skill set by working on a variety of projects covering Intertek’s broad range of industry sectors, including Oil and Gas, Marine Cables, Water, Renewables and Ports and Harbours.
In return for your enthusiasm in displaying the right Intertek Energies (inspirational, pioneering, emotional, engaging and winning), the role will allow the successful candidate to make their mark and advance their career.
Essential requirements for the role are:-
• MSc in Geographical Information Systems or Geography with a significant GIS component
• Experience using ArcGIS 10.3 or above and the 3D/Spatial Analyst Toolbox
• Confidence working with data in a variety of different coordinate systems, and knowledge of data transformations
and coordinate formats
• Ability to resolve complex spatial queries using GIS methodologies and tools and present results effectively to end users
• A creative mind with the ability to design visually impressive materials
• Flexible and able to operate to high quality standards and multi-task
• Willingness to develop new skills
Additional desirable skills will be:
• Knowledge of ArcGIS Enterprise – specifically ArcGIS Server for publishing map services for use in existing web applications
• A keen interest in programming (e.g. Python, VB.NET, VBA)
• Web GIS/database development
• Competence with Excel formulae and macros
In return for your skills and experience, we offer a competitive salary and package of benefits. Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability and salary expectations to: [log in to unmask] .
Closing Date: Friday 7 September 2018
To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit: