Help for GIS-JOBS Archives

GIS-JOBS Archives

GIS-JOBS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

GIS-JOBS Home

GIS-JOBS  February 2019

GIS-JOBS February 2019

New opportunity - Sr. Automation tester based in Cambridge

Mahima Gupta Jain <[log in to unmask]>

Mahima Gupta Jain <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 8 Feb 2019 16:04:41 +0000

Senior Automation Tester / Developer in Test

Location:	Cambridge, UK
Employment Type:	Permanent

In every sector, organisations are using location data to make better decisions – increasing profits, maximizing efficiency and even saving lives.  1Spatial’s suite of solutions help our customers manage their complex spatial data. We are a rapidly growing global business with offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, America, Ireland and Belgium.

Would you be a good fit to the 1Spatial Development team?  We are looking for people with proven interest in technology, commitment to agile software development good practice and belief in the power of teamwork.  We love people who are approachable, smart, innovative and agile and who care about learning and continuous improvement.  You will be self-motivated, a problem solver and good at communication.

You will be working as part of our test team to inspire, guide and mentor our development group in the latest testing practices. You will contribute to system-wide design and test decisions, across many products and customers, liaising with product owners, developers and other testers to ensure solutions meet the stakeholder requirements. As a senior tester in our team you will gain experience in a variety of platforms spanning across desktop, mobile and web applications.

Required Skills and Experience:
•	Focus on automated testing and quality
•	Proven knowledge of the fundamental concepts of software testing
•	Working knowledge of object-oriented languages, such as Java, C#, Python
•	Experience using:
o	Continuous integration environment and build tools (Jenkins/Hudson ,TeamCity ,Cake Gradle)
o	Automated testing tools and frameworks like NUnit, Selenium, MicrosoftTest ,XamarinUI Test, Appium, RestSharp
o	Subversion tooling (GIT,SVN)

Desired Skills and Experience:
•	Proven troubleshooting, and debugging skills
•	Passionate about continuous improvement and craftsmanship
•	Experience in mobile application testing
•	Strong initiative to improve tools, methodologies, and overall quality of the product
•	Experience in deployment/configuration of distributed systems is advantageous
•	Database testing experience
•	Ability to create clean, well-structured test code

What we can offer
 	Competitive salary
 	Flexible working hours
 	25 days annual leave
 	Generous company pension scheme
 	Group income protection scheme
 	Private health insurance
 	Free car parking
 	Easy rail access
 	Soft drinks and fruit
 	Cycle to work scheme
 	Active social programme

Interested?

Please send a covering letter and CV/resume to [log in to unmask]  Our Recruitment Privacy Policy explains how we store, manage and process the data you provide to us.
If you require further information or would like an informal chat about the role, please contact [log in to unmask] and we will arrange for you to speak with the hiring manager.
We require that all candidates are able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.

To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/gis-jobs