Senior Automation Tester / Developer in Test
Location: Cambridge, UK
Employment Type: Permanent
In every sector, organisations are using location data to make better decisions – increasing profits, maximizing efficiency and even saving lives. 1Spatial’s suite of solutions help our customers manage their complex spatial data. We are a rapidly growing global business with offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, America, Ireland and Belgium.
Would you be a good fit to the 1Spatial Development team? We are looking for people with proven interest in technology, commitment to agile software development good practice and belief in the power of teamwork. We love people who are approachable, smart, innovative and agile and who care about learning and continuous improvement. You will be self-motivated, a problem solver and good at communication.
You will be working as part of our test team to inspire, guide and mentor our development group in the latest testing practices. You will contribute to system-wide design and test decisions, across many products and customers, liaising with product owners, developers and other testers to ensure solutions meet the stakeholder requirements. As a senior tester in our team you will gain experience in a variety of platforms spanning across desktop, mobile and web applications.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Focus on automated testing and quality
• Proven knowledge of the fundamental concepts of software testing
• Working knowledge of object-oriented languages, such as Java, C#, Python
• Experience using:
o Continuous integration environment and build tools (Jenkins/Hudson ,TeamCity ,Cake Gradle)
o Automated testing tools and frameworks like NUnit, Selenium, MicrosoftTest ,XamarinUI Test, Appium, RestSharp
o Subversion tooling (GIT,SVN)
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Proven troubleshooting, and debugging skills
• Passionate about continuous improvement and craftsmanship
• Experience in mobile application testing
• Strong initiative to improve tools, methodologies, and overall quality of the product
• Experience in deployment/configuration of distributed systems is advantageous
• Database testing experience
• Ability to create clean, well-structured test code
What we can offer
Flexible working hours
25 days annual leave
Generous company pension scheme
Group income protection scheme
Private health insurance
Free car parking
Easy rail access
Soft drinks and fruit
Cycle to work scheme
Active social programme
If you require further information or would like an informal chat about the role, please contact [log in to unmask] and we will arrange for you to speak with the hiring manager.
We require that all candidates are able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.
To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit: