Junior Software Developer (Edinburgh)

GeoWise Ltd <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 11 Jan 2019 15:03:22 +0000

Position Title: Junior Software Developer
Start date: February 2019
Location: Edinburgh

GeoWise help people present data about areas in effective and efficient ways to provide a context for decision making.

We do this by creating and delivering innovative services and software to simplify and enhance the management and presentation of geography and statistics.

We are looking for a Junior Developer to help us develop the next generation of our spatial data visualization tools. You will be working as part of a small team to deliver exciting, attractive and informative reporting solutions for our customers, delivered using the ArcGIS Online platform.

Key Responsibilities

•	Development of JavaScript data visualization widgets
•	Development of JavaScript web mapping applications for ArcGIS Online
•	Website design, development and technical support for Wordpress-driven customer sites
•	Technical support for the customer support team

Key Skills & Experience

•	1-2 years’ work experience in a related field
•	Excellent knowledge of JavaScript, HTML, CSS and the use of RESTful web services
•	Degree or masters in a numerical or geographical discipline
•	Strong communication skills
•	Well organised, methodical and able to produce detailed and accurate work
•	Able to work as part of a team
•	Already be eligible to work in the UK for a period of at least 2 years

Desirable Skills

•	Knowledge of spatial data management and GIS
•	Experience of using ArcGIS Online
•	Experience of using JS frameworks like jQuery, bootstrap, React, NodeJS etc.
•	Knowledge of Python, PHP, C# or Java
•	Experience of creating and designing graphs, charts, visualizations
•	Interest in information visualization and graphic design
•	Experience or knowledge of “Agile” working methods

Benefits
This can be either a full time or part time role depending on the candidate. Salary range is between £26,000 and £30,000 (pro-rata for part-time) depending on experience. Benefits include pension cover and up to 23 days holiday per year.

To apply
Please send an email with your current CV attached to [log in to unmask] by 25th January 2019.
For further information about the company please see www.instantatlas.com. No agencies please.

To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/gis-jobs