Job Title: GIS Asset Surveyor
Reporting to: Network Asset Manager
Location: North Greenwich, London
To carry out Asset Surveys and Spatial Inventory Updates as required on the Transport for London Road Network (TLRN). To represent the company at meetings and to ensure Kier Highways is compliant with the requirements as set out by Transport for London (TfL).
• Undertake Asset Surveys of maintenance/scheme updates on the TLRN
• Upload and Download data in office to and from PC ready for on site survey when survey is complete
• The role will be both office and street (site) based and the GIS Asset Surveyor is required to undertake this work on foot, using public transport when required and where required in a liveried vehicle provided by Kier Highways
• GIS Asset Surveyor must carry out lone working risk assessment before surveying on site
• Ensure the best use of company resources in meeting contractual requirements
• Operate in compliance with company procedures, best practices and any legislation current at the time
• Operate through agreed lines of communication with the relevant levels of the client organisation and within Kier Highways.
• Actively seek innovations and service improvements through communicating with the GIS Technician and software developer
• Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with the general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Procedures Manual
• Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required
• Basic knowledge of TLRN and the South London road network.
• Working Knowledge of GIS Digitisation and manipulation.
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Experience of on site surveying, preferably the TLRN.
• Proficient with ESRI or MapInfo products or any other mapping software.
• Good computer skills.
• Good planning skills, allocates time effectively.
• Report writing skills.
• Detailed and methodical.
• Microsoft Excel and SQL skills.
• Mapping skills (cartographic experience preferred).
• Full clean driving licence
How to Apply:
Send a CV and cover letter to Richard Hendy on [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit: