About the role:
We are seeking a GIS graduate for a 6 to 12 month paid internship in our Bristol office, although students who are part way through their courses will also be considered. This is an entry level role which will provide you with an excellent opportunity to develop and enhance your GIS skills in a consultancy environment.
In this role, you will provide GIS input into projects for all of LUC’s service areas, including planning, ecology and landscape planning and management projects. Your work will be varied, and will include map production, digitising, geographic data analysis and reporting.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to a diverse range of projects including ecology mapping, Landscape and Seascape Character Assessment, Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment and Open Space and Green Infrastructure audits. You will work as part of an innovative and fun team comprising GIS, graphic design and 3d visualisation experts.
We are happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role, including part time working (minimum 30 hours per week), core hours and a degree of location flexibility.
Salary: £18,000 pa FTE
If you have the following qualifications, skills and experience we would like to hear from you:
• GIS or related degree (partial or completed)
• Practical experience in data processing and analysis using GIS and Excel
• Experience of applying GIS analysis to landscape, planning and wider environmental issues
• Experience of ESRI software products, particularly ArcGIS 10 and AGOL
• A proactive, organised and effective approach to your work and an appetite for diverse projects
• The ability to work efficiently and respond quickly to meet deadlines, whilst working on a number of projects simultaneously
• A good knowledge of using UK environmental and Ordnance Survey datasets
• Knowledge of other GIS or CAD software
• Knowledge of graphics packages (Photoshop, InDesign, etc)
• Knowledge of 3D visualisation packages
• Experience / interest in reporting on your findings
For further details about LUC please visit our website www.landuse.co.uk
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter, quoting reference: 2018-13 to Lorena Estevez Vazquez, HR Assistant at: [log in to unmask]
LUC is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date for applications: 1 June 2018
LUC is an independent planning, impact assessment, landscape design and ecology consultancy, working across the UK and internationally.
With a track record spanning 50 years and a team of over 130 skilled professionals, we bring great depth of knowledge and experience to our work across the private and public sectors.
Whether we’re advising a commercial developer, utility company, Government agency or local authority, ours is a collaborative approach, which puts the client at the heart of the process.
We listen. We take the time to understand what drives our clients. Then we create bespoke and appropriate solutions that meet their needs and deliver the greatest value for their projects.
We pride ourselves on being at the forefront of innovative thinking, which has led to a strong reputation for successfully resolving even the most complex of issues. No matter what the project, we aim to find the most sustainable solution.
We’re also passionate about the legacy we leave and hope to make a real difference through the work we do.
To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit: