Pre-Sales Consultant (Government Sector)
Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary: Dependent upon skills and experience
As a member of the Government team you will support sales opportunities around 1Spatial’s primary role as a software solutions provider to the geospatial market. Working with national mapping agencies, defence agencies and government departments, you will support the sale process by providing technical support, building demonstration and implement prototype solutions to secure the “technical close” of sales. Once a sale is closed you will lead the transition of services to 1Spatial’s delivery team while ensuring the customer continues to enjoy an overall positive post-sale experience from 1Spatial. By taking a customer first approach, you will develop a detailed knowledge of our customers business to understand their current challenges and how they could evolve to meet future needs. Drawing on your understanding of customers and experience you will generate value proposition ideas and concepts from geospatial technology and data within government accounts. You will deliver these through demonstrators, sales and marketing campaigns, representing the company at events, as well as supporting the team in responding to tenders.
You will collaborate with other members of the Sales team (both Sales staff and other Business Development Consultants), as well as others from various teams across 1Spatial (such as the wider Sales team, Marketing, Consulting, Engineering, Finance, Technical Support, and 3rd Party Vendor teams) in order to ensure that proposals and offers made to customers and prospective customers include the technical solution(s) that best addresses their needs, and are appropriately supported at the customer’s end by their key technical decision-makers.
You will work closely within the Government Business Development Team to drive opportunities and revenue within Government. Key responsibilities include:
• Nurturing and developing relationships with key Government customer accounts.
• Being a trusted advisor to key Government customer accounts.
• Understanding key Government customer business and technical challenges.
• Providing specialist technical advice on the geospatial products, services and solutions delivered within Government customer accounts.
• Working closely with key clients and the Government Business Development Team to identify new value propositions.
• Planning, preparing and delivering demonstrators and proof of concepts to inform Government customers about new value propositions and what can be achieved.
• Planning, preparing and delivering webinars, seminars, white papers that promote 1Spatial and its capabilities and offerings.
• Qualifying opportunities and collaborating with the Business Development, Consulting and Development Teams to develop innovative solution concepts and promote these concepts to Government clients.
• Support the production and review of technical scopes of work, cost estimates and associated project plans for inclusion in proposals, bid responses, and quotations.
• Providing geospatial domain and technical input to client tenders, proposals and presentations.
• Working with the Business Development Team to ensure marketing strategies for Government are supported with content for thought leadership and innovation, including articles, white papers and webinars.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Ideally you will have 2 years+ experience of working with UK Government or the Public Sector in mapping/geospatial
• Knowledge and experience of using GIS technologies
• Ability to establish and nurture customer relationships with an emphasis on leveraging future business opportunities.
• Ability to understand customer needs and translate these needs into new value propositions.
• Experience of designing and building demonstrators to communicate ideas, concepts and value propositions.
• Proven ability to work independently on customer projects.
• Experience of working with cross business teams, including marketing, customer support, development, consulting and product management.
• A Geography or Technology based degree
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Desirable Skills & Experience:
• Knowledge and experience of using 1Spatial technology.
• Knowledge and experience of using Esri ArcGIS technology.
• Knowledge and experience of using Latitude Geographics Geocortex technology.
• Experience of supporting teams in responding to tenders.
What we can offer
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary along with:
• Flexible working hours
• 25 days annual leave, plus recognition for long service
• Generous Company Pension Scheme
• Group Income Protection Scheme
• Private Health Insurance and Health Cash Plan
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Child Care Vouchers Scheme
• Weekly hours of 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday
• Work base in Cambridge
• Social programme including monthly social gatherings and summer/Christmas parties
• Free car parking
• Refreshments including soft drinks and fruit
If you would like further information about 1Spatial or the position, please contact our HR department.
If you require further information or would like an informal chat about the role, please contact [log in to unmask] and we will arrange for you to speak with the hiring manager.
Whilst we look forward to receiving your covering letter and CV via [log in to unmask], we would ask that you read our privacy notice specifically for applicants so you can be confident of how we will store, manage and process the data you provide to us.
We do require that all candidates are able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.
1Spatial is a leading provider of intelligent solutions for organisations worldwide that need to trust their location-based information. We are a global business and have offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, America, Ireland and Belgium. 1Spatial has been a leader in the geospatial market for over 40 years and this success is down to talented and great people. We are in an exciting period of growth for the business
To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit: