Head of Development
Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary: Negotiable, depending on skills & experience
1Spatial is looking for a Head of Development to work closely with the CEO, CTO, and other senior managers to help implement the Company’s technical vision. Are you seeking a change or searching for a new challenge?
We are looking for an experienced development manager to guide our high performing development team. You will lead their delivery and provide direction on all aspects of the Company’s software development and delivery requirements. You will be an ambitious individual with experience in managing a variety of different development teams
As the Head of Development, you will ensure that the development team are correctly supported and able to meet anticipated needs, and will lead a collaborative, dynamic planning process, ensuring all projects are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production).
You will also work with many of our exceptional international customers and with our multi-disciplinary teams that are made up of product owners, architects, software engineers, UI developers, test engineers, technical authors and DevOps engineers.
You will be responsible for:
• Implementing the Company’s technical strategy for technology platforms, supporting partnerships and external relationships and ensuring the right skills are available when needed
• Communicating the Company’s technology strategy to the development team and ensuring departmental goals are aligned accordingly
• Managing, coaching and leading departmental line managers and their teams
• Identifying and recommending relevant technology standards and best practices across the Company
• Leading development process improvements and defining programming standards at 1Spatial
• Identifying process and tooling inefficiencies and putting in place plans to resolve them.
As well as leading and managing the development teams in the UK and Ireland you will be asked to contribute to appropriate cross working practices with our other offices in Australia, France and Belgium.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Proven experience in coaching, mentoring and leading development teams, both internal and working in partnership
• Proven experience in technical assurance
• Proven experience of leading architecture and design
• Strong understanding of technical needs from pre- to post-sales
• Experience of agile and lean development
• Experience in using software development tools, such as JIRA
• Experience in an object-oriented language, such as C#, Java or C++
What we can offer
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary along with:
• Flexible working hours
• 25 days annual leave, plus recognition for long service
• Generous Company Pension Scheme
• Group Income Protection Scheme
• Private Health Insurance and Health Cash Plan
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Child Care Vouchers Scheme
• Weekly hours of 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday
• Work base in Cambridge
• Social programme including monthly social gatherings and summer/Christmas parties
• Free car parking
• Refreshments including soft drinks and fruit
If you would like further information about 1Spatial or the position, please contact our HR department.
If you require further information or would like an informal chat about the role, please contact [log in to unmask] and we will arrange for you to speak with the hiring manager.
Whilst we look forward to receiving your covering letter and CV via [log in to unmask], we would ask that you read our privacy notice specifically for applicants so you can be confident of how we will store, manage and process the data you provide to us.
We do require that all candidates are able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.
1Spatial is a leading provider of intelligent solutions for organisations worldwide that need to trust their location-based information. We are a global business and have offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, America, Ireland and Belgium. 1Spatial has been a leader in the geospatial market for over 40 years and this success is down to talented and great people. We are in an exciting period of growth for the business
To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit: