Help for FORCED-MIGRATION Archives

FORCED-MIGRATION Archives

FORCED-MIGRATION@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

FORCED-MIGRATION Home

FORCED-MIGRATION  March 2012

FORCED-MIGRATION March 2012

Call for articles: More info. re. FMR's May 2012 issue on North Africa and Displacement

Forced Migration List <[log in to unmask]>

Forced Migration List <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 7 Mar 2012 16:43:18 +0000

The Forced Migration Review team invites you to consider writing for a special issue of FMR to be published in May 2012 on ‘North Africa and displacement 2011-2012’.

Call for articles now online at www.fmreview.org/north-africa/

This special issue will focus on North Africa rather than the Arab Spring more generally. It will explore the broader ramifications of the ways in which human mobility is intersecting with current events in North Africa and how these events have affected and transformed existing patterns of mobility in the region and generated new ‘mixed migration’ flows.

This issue of FMR will link in with a workshop on the Arab Spring which is taking place on 20th March in Oxford, organised jointly by the Refugee Studies Centre, the International Migration Institute and the Oxford Diasporas Programme (details at www.rsc.ox.ac.uk/events/arab-spring-workshop).

Deadline for submission of articles for FMR: **2nd April 2012**

Maximum length of articles: 2,500 words

Please note that this will be a short issue of FMR and will only be able to accommodate approximately 12 articles. If you are interested in submitting an article, please email us at [log in to unmask] as soon as possible with a proposed outline. We would ask you to pay close attention to our call for articles.

For funding reasons, we currently plan to publish this issue in English and Arabic only. If you are keen to see it published in French and/or Spanish as well, and can suggest potential funding sources, we would very much like to hear from you.

We would encourage you to forward this announcement to any organisations or individuals working specifically in this region, or send us suggestions as to whom we could send the announcement. We are particularly keen to reflect the experiences and knowledge of communities and individuals directly affected by these questions.

We apologise for any cross-posting of this message.

With best wishes
Marion Couldrey & Maurice Herson
Co-Editors, Forced Migration Review
Refugee Studies Centre, University of Oxford

Note: The material contained in this communication comes to you from the
Forced Migration Discussion List which is moderated by Forced Migration
Online, Refugee Studies Centre (RSC), Oxford Department of International
Development, University of Oxford. It does not necessarily reflect the
views of the RSC or the University. If you re-print, copy, archive or
re-post this message please retain this disclaimer. Quotations or
extracts should include attribution to the original sources.

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Posting guidelines: http://www.forcedmigration.org/discussion/guidelines