The Disability-Research Discussion List

Managed by the Centre for Disability Studies at the University of Leeds

Help for DISABILITY-RESEARCH Archives

DISABILITY-RESEARCH Archives

DISABILITY-RESEARCH Archives

DISABILITY-RESEARCH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DISABILITY-RESEARCH Home

DISABILITY-RESEARCH Home

DISABILITY-RESEARCH  June 2011

DISABILITY-RESEARCH June 2011

Re: Draft initial reports on the UN convention on the rights of persons with disabilities

Simon Blake <[log in to unmask]>

Simon Blake <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 2 Jun 2011 07:58:20 +0100

I believe that the EU has 'integrated' their process in relation to the UN Convention into their wider EU Disability Strategy.  The EU's project of 'mainstreaming of disability issues' was seen as so close to the UN's articles, that any additional work could be embedded within the ongoing updating of the Disability Action Plan.

This is where you find (or rather don't) progress since ratification.

Simon

PhD Researcher
School of Sociology and Social Policy
University of Nottingham