The Disability-Research Discussion List

Managed by the Centre for Disability Studies at the University of Leeds

Help for DISABILITY-RESEARCH Archives

DISABILITY-RESEARCH Archives

DISABILITY-RESEARCH Archives

DISABILITY-RESEARCH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DISABILITY-RESEARCH Home

DISABILITY-RESEARCH Home

DISABILITY-RESEARCH  April 2012

DISABILITY-RESEARCH April 2012

FW: Message from Prof. Nishi [ARS VIVENDI E-mail Magazine 071]

Colin Barnes <[log in to unmask]>

Colin Barnes <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 15 Apr 2012 18:00:52 +0100

FYI

Colin

Ars Vivendi E-mail Magazine No.71 (April 15, 2012)
Academic year 2012 starts from this April and the Research Center
for Ars Vivendi has the new dean, Prof. Nishi. He would like to
deliver you the following message.

With the adoption of our Ars Vivendi Program as a Global Center of
Excellence (GCOE) Program by the Ministry of Education, Culture,
Science, and Technology in Japan, the Research Center for Ars
Vivendi of Ritsumeikan University was established on November 7,
2007. Our center pursued the sophistication and
internationalization of its research activities using not only the
grant of the Global COE Program but financial support from our
university until March 2012, when the Global COE Program ended.

From April 2012 our center restarts as one of the research centers
within Ritsumeikan University, taking over the research
accumulation, the network with research institutions in Japan and
abroad we have had, and the collaboration with the graduate schools
(mainly the Graduate School of Core Ethics and Frontier Sciences)
within Ritsumeikan University. With this background our research
center aims to deepen our research activities, expand our network,
and transmit information concerning our research toward the rest of
the world.

Toward this fresh start, we newly set up the following four
research themes:

1) modern history of ars vivendi (the art of living)
2) ethnography of ars vivendi
3) system / policy of ars vivendi
4) science / technology of ars vivendi

I take over the director of our Center from Prof. Shin’ya Tateiwa,
who was the director until March 2012. My specialization is
comparative literature and during the age of “Global COE” I
pursued the connection between ars vivendi and research of
literature by focusing on “politics / culture of colonialism and
minorities” and “terminal life in modern literature”. From now
on I will be involved in 2) ethnography of ars vivendi. As director
I will do my best not only to promote academic research of ars
vivendi, which ranges from sociology / psychology to cultural
anthropology / comparative literature but to secure outside funds.

Your collaboration through research activities and your support
toward our activities would be very much appreciated.

Sincerely yours,

Masahiko Nishi
Dean, Research Center for Ars Vivendi, Ritsumeikan University

*Please click below for more detailed information about our program.
http://www.arsvi.com/a/index.htm
http://www.ritsumei-arsvi.org/en/

We are eager to promote collaborative research projects with
disabled patients' advocacy groups, non-profit organizations, as
well as domestic and international researchers.

[Ars Vivendi E-mail Magazine]
For comments, subscription and cancellation of this e-mail magazine,
please e-mail [log in to unmask]
For past issues of our e-mail magazine, please take a look at
http://www.arsvi.com/a/eme.htm

General Editor : Masahiko Nishi
Chief Editor : Minoru Kataoka
Publication : Research Center for Ars Vivendi,
Ritsumeikan University
56-1 Kitamachi, Tojiin, Kita-ku, Kyoto, Japan 603-8577