DC-GLOSSARY  May 2011

DC-GLOSSARY May 2011

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

New User Documentation pages are on the wiki!

Thomas Baker <[log in to unmask]>

Thomas Baker <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 1 May 2011 14:12:15 -0400

text/plain

Dear all,

I am very pleased to report that the migration of the User Guide and
Glossary content to the new DCMI Mediawiki is largely complete.  Much
of the material still needs to be edited, but we currently have:

1) http://wiki.dublincore.org/index.php/User_Documentation
   A home page for the Task Group.  I have ported the contents of the
   previous home page at http://dublincore.org/groups/userguide/.

2) http://wiki.dublincore.org/index.php/User_Guide
   The User Guide, ported from the MPDL Colab wiki!

3) http://wiki.dublincore.org/index.php/Glossary
   A new Glossary page.  Note that the top-level glossary page is
   formatted for short definitions, many of which are still missing.
   Clicking on item headings leads in many cases to the "mini-essays"
   we discussed in Pittsburgh.  Some definitions need to
   be filled in before we can announce this page for wider review.
   I compared to the previous wiki page at [1] and did not port
   all references, especially to rather old terminology (such as
   "digital tourist") and very general terminology (such as "best
   practice").  As we discussed, I think it is important to keep the
   glossary as short (thus maintainable) as possible, but if others
   see a need for entries (or cross-references), please feel free to
   edit...!

4) http://wiki.dublincore.org/index.php/FAQ
   A start, at least, at a new FAQ -- starting with the perennial question
   about the difference between dc:creator and dcterms:creator.

Please let me know what you think of the new wiki pages!
I'd like to announce them soon to the Advisory Board, and
eventually perhaps to DC-General, but would like for us to all
look at the pages beforehand and identify priorities for what
still needs to be edited before we can announce the materials
for public review.

Tom

[1] http://sites.google.com/site/dublincoreglossaryupdate/Home

--