DC-COLLECTIONS-AP Archives

DC-COLLECTIONS-AP@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DC-COLLECTIONS-AP Home

DC-COLLECTIONS-AP  January 2007

DC-COLLECTIONS-AP January 2007

Miscellaneous comment

"Sarah L. Shreeves" <[log in to unmask]>

DCMI Collection Description Application Profile Task Group <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:26:51 -0600

Miscellaneous comment:

>>In general, the Board prefers that Application Profiles be able to
>>'stand alone' as documents; ideally, readers of the CDAP should not
>>need to refer to external documents in order to understand its
>>logic and suggests that the working group consider adding some
>>additional contextual information from external documents as an aid
>>to the reader.

We think that this also should be fairly straightforward and should
probably be the last thing that the group does.

Sarah

Sarah L. Shreeves
Coordinator, Illinois Digital Environment for Access to Learning and
Scholarship (IDEALS)
University of Illinois Library at Urbana-Champaign
Phone: 217-244-3877 or 217-233-4648
Email: [log in to unmask]
http://ideals.uiuc.edu/