Model Data Processing Agreement?

Michelle Peel <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 27 Jun 2012 17:01:28 +0100

Hi,

Hoping that a few people out there on the list can help me!

I am looking for examples of good Data Processing Agreements to help me put something together for our Commissioning Team. I have an example we have been using, but having been to recent events on IG in our region, and hearing from our colleagues at the ICO, I'm curious as to how other people are doing this.

At the very least, could anyone provide me with a checklist of things that a processing agreement should contain. I've been searching the ICO website, but I must admit to getting a bit lost amongst all the guidance! I'm sure there is something there, so if someone can point to it I'd be equally grateful.

I'm also curious as to what agreements you might put in place where the relationship between the two partners is that of Data Controller in Common? Using the ICO guidance and a very long discussion we have established that this isn't the situation in our particular case, but it got me thinking about what was needed there.

I will be asking the ICO for some help too I think, but hoping all you lovely DP/IG folk on here would be able to help initially.

Please feel free to contact me directly rather than on list if more appropriate! If I don't get anything I'm considering FOI requests, but as someone who coordinates those for our service I do want to avoid that if poss!

Thanks,

Michelle Peel
CYPS Information Governance Officer
Compliance and Governance Team
Trafford Council
2nd Floor
Quay West
Trafford Wharf Road
Trafford Park
Manchester
M17 1HH

Tel: 0161 912 1240
Fax: 0161 912 1286
Email: [log in to unmask]
Gov Connect email: [log in to unmask]

Trafford, host borough for London 2012 Olympic Football

Trafford Council is a well-performing, low-cost council delivering excellent services to make Trafford a great place to live, learn, work and relax

You can find out more about us by visiting www.trafford.gov.uk